Kingsvale, NSW 1963

Kingsvale, NSW 1963
A view of Kingsvale station, looking north towards Cowra c1963. Courtesy Ken Ames, "From Grease to Gold Braid".

Friday 4 October 2013

Still here...

Mainly because of a new job and some extra business travel, I didn't get much time to model in the past year or so, much less to blog about it.  But I've come out the other side and have started working on Kingsvale again, keen to get it finished so that I can start on my life's work - Demondrille!

Last week I spent a few days following the Main South to Junee, Wagga Wagga, Culcairn, following the branch to Corowa and down to Seymour to visit the Heritage Centre there.  Came back through Albury, Rand, Henty, Cootamundra and home.  Found a few trains to chase and the weather was great.  Despite the ever-dwindling steam-era infrastructure, I had lots of fun and took lots of photos.

My next step with Kingsvale is the point rodding.  I have started on this, but it's more complicated than first thought.  But I have it figured out now and will post some photos soon.

Looking forward to Liverpool tomorrow, surely the modelling highlight of the year!
Cheers
James

No comments:

Post a Comment